This degree program will replace the degree program "Biofuels; Biorefineries; Related Technologies"
Skills and abilities acquired
Graduates of this master will gain from a professional viewpoint, the following competences:
- competences related to research issues concerning natural resources conversion processes for obtaining bioproducts and processing of by-products into fine chemicals;
- Knowledge and understanding of complex manufacturing processes involving renewable resource transformation into bioproducts and other bioactive valuable compounds for different industries, food and pharmaceutical or other applications.
- Skills related to process optimization in biorefineries and specific field equipment;
- Competences in understanding complex functional interactions that occur in an industrial plant between the biochemical reactor and the separation and heat transfer equipment in order to provide an advanced thermal integration;
- Capacity performance of common equipment operating in process industries;
- Ability to design plant systems considering the economic constraints, environmental protection and operational safety for specific technologies to produce bioproducts;
- Ability to use computer tools in the analysis and management of chemical and biochemical processes;
- Knowledge related to fundamental concepts of project management, the contents of the feasibility study and business plan preparation;
- Ability to creatively apply research and innovation techniques for bioproducts and biorefinery domain;
- Ability to develop and to present scientific research reports
Further professional development of graduation
Human resources and logistics for student education
The program is supervised by Department of Bioresources and Polymer Science.
Curricula for this master of science degree program is available here.