Environment Chemistry; Toxicology in Environment; Thermodynamics of multicomponent systems; Physical Chemistry of Colloids and Surfaces; Concepts and Strategies in “Green Chemistry”; Sampling for analyses; Improvement of contaminated soils; Techniques for recuperative depollution; Analytical control of Environment Quality; Depollution using electrochemical methods; Prevention of atmospheric pollution; Biopolymers and bio-degradable polymers; Biocompatible oxide materials; Instrumental analyses for depollution techniques; Recuperative depollution by absorption; Advanced techniques for water treatment and depollution; Effluents containing organic load; Materials characterization and corresponding depollution methods; Chemometry; Legislation regarding the environment.
Skills and abilities acquired
• Compatibility of previous knowledge of graduates from various domains with the requirements specific to environment, chemistry and chemical industry;
• Creating general competences for various graduates so that either to enroll in Ph.D. education or being implied in studies regarding environment, chemistry or chemical engineering;
• Ability to act within an ecological system for environment protection, but also knowing suitable depollution techniques;
• Adequate use of knowledge regarding environment protection, depollution techniques, analyses and monitoring;
• Conceiving the succession of operations specific to depollution technology, finding the bottlenecks within it;
• Performing environment audits;
• Creative approaches in analyses methods or separation techniques.
• Certain positions in central or local administration implying higher studies in environment protection; Environment Agencies; Sanitary & Veterinary Administration.
• Private enterprises: Laboratories for analyses regarding environment protection; Consultancy and Accreditation in environment protection; Any industrial enterprise (according to the law) should have a fully qualified responsible for environment protection.
Further professional development of graduation
Obviously, after graduating master studies, further professional development can be continued according to the occupational field:
• For instance, Ph.D. studies are recommended for those who already work within a research, or control laboratory contemporary to environment protection.
• Some graduates might work into a law field (certification, accreditation etc); for these, advanced training is achieved by specific courses.
Human resources and logistics for student education
The program is supervised by Department of Analytical Chemistry and Environmental Engineering.
Our academic staff (professors, assistant professors and lecturers) from three departments (all within the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Material Science) are teaching basic and multi-disciplinary knowledge needed in a contemporary economic and professional situation.
Our laboratories, in all the three already mentioned departments, offers modern equipment for analyses and/or research. They include utensils for sampling (soil, water, and air), spectrophotometers (UV-Vis as well as FT-IR), various gear for optical microscopy, and kits for rapid testing, glassware and computers with dedicated soft.
Curricula for this master of science degree program is available here.